El Cajon 4th of July Fireworks Celebration
The City of El Cajon is proud to present the annual Fourth of July Fireworks Celebration! Event visitors can enjoy games, music and spectacular fireworks during the event. The festivities kicks off at 12 p.m. on Tuesday July 4, at Kennedy Park – 1675 East Madison Avenue, El Cajon.
Attractions and activities include:
- Food vendors 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Crafts, fun family games and a “kiddie train” 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Inflatables 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Live performances:
“The Verge” 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
“The Rock’n Soul All Stars” 6:15 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Fireworks show synchronized with KYXY 96.5 FM 9 p.m.
Visitors and residents should plan for heavy traffic around the event. From 8:15 p.m. until shortly after the fireworks show, the Police Department will be directing traffic away from the event area. Inbound traffic during this time will be limited. Parking is also very limited so please plan to arrive early and carpool.
Please take extra precautions to keep your family and pets safe this Fourth of July:
- CHECK BEFORE YOU STEP! – Drivers can be distracted during the Fourth of July by fireworks and unusual traffic and street closures. Take the extra steps to cross streets at crosswalks and not between parked cars.
- KEEP PETS INSIDE – Fireworks are scary for pets. In fact, more pets go missing on the Fourth of July than any other day of the year. Keep your pets inside during the fireworks to keep them safe.
- LEAVE THE FIREWORKS TO THE PROS – Fireworks are dangerous and illegal in San Diego County. Enjoy fireworks responsibly by allowing the professionals to do what they do best!
The annual Fireworks Show has been made possible by the generous donation and partnership with Waste Management. For more information, please call Kennedy Recreation Center at (619) 441-1676.